Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII-2 > FFXIII-2 Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 12 2012, 01:36 AM   #1
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 725 [Donate]
Default Gilgamesh Coliseum Fight help...

So I finally got the DLC (yay), amongst with Serah's AKB free costume, and Noel's AC costume. The Gilgamesh Arbiter intro and DLC joke made me chuckle, and all was joyous and well.............

Until Gilgamesh's second form came along, with his 9,999,999 HP. And his HP Regen every stagger recovery.

I have read how it was hard to beat him.... but unless I'm doing something wrong, this must be a time-grind boss fight?

Last time I tried, got the HP down to 5,XXX,XXX , after his 10 %Regen. Then I lost concentration. (It's 2.am now, and I think I've been fighting him for the last hour at least?)

I am using that strategy where you basically "pound him more than 10% of his max health at least, during each stagger.

Need to stock up 99 wound potions next time, too.

So basically what I'm saying is.... has anyone beaten Gilgamesh yet? If so, is there an easier/faster strategy, as oppose to repeat and rinse for 2 hours? I doubt I can continue after he has 4 mil HP, since he just gets stronger and stronger.

Any help and tips would be appreciated, thanks!
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 03:30 AM   #2
Phyxx
Moogle

Gil: 760 [Donate]

I saw some guy on youtube stagger him and then just did sab/sab/sab and wound spam. Do that over and over and it might only take like..30min or so ? I tried that last night but actually had something come up but I might try later today lol
Phyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 12:42 PM   #3
neo0031
Sometimes Here

The first time I tried fighting him, I did use the Wound spam trick. (Hello, Yomi.)

Got it down to 8,999,xxx , and thought "this isn't working".... and started my second try....
Old Apr 12 2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

I did the traditional buff,debuff,stagger,commando x3 trick on him and it took about 25 minutes. Unfortunately, I got 0 stars on it so no crystal. I've been trying to think of a new method, but on account of his massive hp and his resistance, I can't come up with anything. :c

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 770 [Donate]

The number of stars you get in a fight doesn't affect your chance to get a monster crystal, actually. Time affects the number times items drop and chance of rare items, but the capture rate of a monster is decidedly independently of that.
Using Feral Links increases the percentage chance, and as far as I can tell from the guide the effect is cumulative, but is only counted if the killing blow came from a Feral Link (or while you are buffed/the enemy is debuffed from a Link).
At any rate, I've seen people get Gilgamesh even though they took 18 minutes or more. You really just have to be able to be patient, the fight isn't like the rest of the game. It should be noted that Gilgamesh has about a 25% chance of capture, so without any Links or that Fragment Skill you have a one in four of getting him when you beat him. So, don't give up?
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Phyxx
Moogle

Gil: 760 [Donate]

Does he full heal himself, or just do a very large heal with his regenerate move? I didn't know stagger and comX3 could even work since he can heal so much.
Phyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13 2012, 01:30 AM   #7
Vaeren
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxx View Post
Does he full heal himself, or just do a very large heal with his regenerate move? I didn't know stagger and comX3 could even work since he can heal so much.
He just heals a lot. However he does begin to use the healing skill at a faster rate since he casts haste halfway into the battle.

Old Apr 13 2012, 04:43 AM   #8
Accelerator
気持ち悪い。。。

Gil: 535 [Donate]

I'm going to do this when I'm especially bored and have enough time. I wound spammed and got him down like 100,000 HP after one stagger. It'll take a bit.
Old Apr 13 2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Vaeren
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chel's Bibi View Post
I'm going to do this when I'm especially bored and have enough time. I wound spammed and got him down like 100,000 HP after one stagger. It'll take a bit.
It's a long fight, typically 15~20 minutes. I even tried it with my edited save where my Serah/Noel have about 2500 str/mag, and it still took about 8~10 minutes.

Old Apr 13 2012, 07:56 PM   #10
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxx View Post
From what I gathered off the internet, he heals about 10% of his current max HP, hence why people go with the wound strategy. I'll try that tonight.
Old Apr 17 2012, 08:10 AM   #11
Squall_89
Iza!

Gil: 335 [Donate]

If i might ask? What monsters are you using during the fight?

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here...

Last edited by Squall_89; Apr 17 2012 at 12:59 PM..
Squall_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23 2012, 01:56 AM   #12
Science
Moogle

Gil: 40 [Donate]

This guy is driving me CRAZY!!!!

Seriously I can barely handle him once he starts using his limit break (Divide). He is attacking so fast and fierce I find myself getting discouraged fighting this guy. Right now I have about 27 Elixirs and that is not enough. I have gotten him down to at 2,900,00 HP until I ran out of Elixirs.

I'm using: Red Chocobo (1634 in strength) , Green Chocobo (1300 in magic), and Yakshini

Noel (1230 in strength: Ultimate weapon, Durable Brawler's Wrist x2)
Sereh (1039 in Magic: Garn devas weapon, Durable Shaman Mark x2)

Com (Noel), Rav (Sereh), Com (Red Choco)
Rav, Rav, Com
Sab, Sab, Com
Sen, Com, Syn
Com, Sen, Med
Med, Med, Med

This pack has worked the best for me. I just can not survive without Elixirs. I find is very necessary to keep protect on at all-times. My goal is to finish him in 10 staggers. I think I need about 50-70 Elixirs. Any suggestions? 2,900,000 is my best so far....
Old Apr 23 2012, 10:02 AM   #13
tanton18
First Sword

Gil: 165 [Donate]

Elixirs? I never needed items other than Phoenix Downs through the entire game. Just think when switching paradigms and use Sentinels for strong attacks. Also switch your accessories to ones that block a percentage of physical or magical damage.
tanton18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24 2012, 03:22 AM   #15
Vaeren
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Science View Post
This guy is driving me CRAZY!!!!

Seriously I can barely handle him once he starts using his limit break (Divide). He is attacking so fast and fierce I find myself getting discouraged fighting this guy. Right now I have about 27 Elixirs and that is not enough. I have gotten him down to at 2,900,00 HP until I ran out of Elixirs.

I'm using: Red Chocobo (1634 in strength) , Green Chocobo (1300 in magic), and Yakshini

Noel (1230 in strength: Ultimate weapon, Durable Brawler's Wrist x2)
Sereh (1039 in Magic: Garn devas weapon, Durable Shaman Mark x2)

Com (Noel), Rav (Sereh), Com (Red Choco)
Rav, Rav, Com
Sab, Sab, Com
Sen, Com, Syn
Com, Sen, Med
Med, Med, Med

This pack has worked the best for me. I just can not survive without Elixirs. I find is very necessary to keep protect on at all-times. My goal is to finish him in 10 staggers. I think I need about 50-70 Elixirs. Any suggestions? 2,900,000 is my best so far....
Yeah, I had to farm money till I got enough to get 99 elixirs. I even gave it a try on my edited save and it was still slightly aggravating. It just takes patients. A good trick is to use Lightning's Army of One right as his stagger is ending, so Noel and Serah can use Scrouge multiple times and dish out quite a bit of damage.

Old Apr 29 2012, 12:03 PM   #16
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Finally got access back to the forum....

I had finally beat Gilgamesh (captured second time) with that specific sure-win less-than-10-minute tactic from YouTube.

Good luck everyone!
Old Apr 30 2012, 11:34 PM   #17
Science
Moogle

Well not only did Gilgamesh kick my tail once again. He also gave me the YLOD and kept the game

Nevertheless I will get the mess fixed one day and see him in the arena again...
Old May 01 2012, 03:40 AM   #18
jtolliver23
Moogle

Gil: 95 [Donate]

Wow...he showed you who's boss. Seriously that sucks though, I feel bad for you. I got that when FF13 came out, after I had put in over a hundred hours into it. I was pissed at the world after that. Hope it gets fixed quick for you. And I haven't been able to beat him yet either
jtolliver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02 2012, 02:26 AM   #19
Science
Moogle

Its going to be a while before I can get it fixed. I have been so attached to FF13-2, so it do suck that I can't play it right now. Plus he kept the game man! I could have borrowed a PS3 for the sake of finishing him off, lol. Gilgamesh is the toughest FF character I have ever faced. Emerald Weapon wasn't even that hard, lol. I really hate that I am going to miss out on some of the upcoming DLCs as well. I haven't played FF this much since 7, so this is definitely one of may favorites.
Old May 02 2012, 02:29 AM   #20
Science
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeren View Post
Yeah, I had to farm money till I got enough to get 99 elixirs. I even gave it a try on my edited save and it was still slightly aggravating. It just takes patients. A good trick is to use Lightning's Army of One right as his stagger is ending, so Noel and Serah can use Scrouge multiple times and dish out quite a bit of damage.
What about healing? How do you handle that? My Lighting wasn't infused to well compared to my Blue Chocobo and Cloudburst.