Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:24 PM   #1
FFXII_Fanboy
Banned

 FFXII_Fanboy's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Question Are Fang and Vanille lesbians? (SPOILERS)

Fang used to be a man and when I see them together these two shots they look like lovers:







Also, the part in the final trailer where Fang goes solo to give Vanille time to escape was romantic.

Lesbians in FF FTW!
__________________
FFXII_Fanboy is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

 Kitmitsu's Avatar

Gil: 1,195 [Donate]
Default

You are an absolute moron and I hope you choke on your tongue while you sleep.
__________________

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:38 PM   #3
Manderson12
First Sword

 Manderson12's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Well this fails.
Manderson12 is offline   Send a message via AIM to Manderson12 Send a message via MSN to Manderson12 Send a message via Skype™ to Manderson12
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:38 PM   #4
.simon
Rural Juror

 .simon's Avatar

Gil: 500 [Donate]
Default

Even if they aren't, I'm still gonna pretend they are lovers, watch fang x vanille fanvideos and write fanfictions about them.

BTW, I think we can discuss this in the yuri ending thread, or whatever it's called. It's the same subject after all.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Saki Im
YoonA <3

 Saki Im's Avatar

Gil: 300 [Donate]
Default

Laugh. Out. Loud.
__________________
Saki Im is offline   Send a message via AIM to Saki Im
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:46 PM   #6
7Th
Cactuar

 7Th's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

They're what you want them to be, if you know what I mean.

The game never explicitly states their relationship, they just get along awesomely and care for each other deeply.
7Th is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:47 PM   #7
FFXII_Fanboy
Banned

 FFXII_Fanboy's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
BTW, I think we can discuss this in the yuri ending thread, or whatever it's called. It's the same subject after all.
There's a lesbian ending?

I swear if Fang and Vanille are french kissing in the ending FMV I will fap till I pass out! That's would be burnin' hot!
__________________
FFXII_Fanboy is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:50 PM   #8
.simon
Rural Juror

 .simon's Avatar

Gil: 500 [Donate]
Default

Now I realize why you are a complete idiot
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:52 PM   #9
Aleph
Moogle

 Aleph's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Whenever they're lesbians or not depends on the interpretation. They're an extreme case of Les-Yay for sure, though.

I mean, does nobody in here reads TVTropes or something?!

Edit: Les-Yay

Last edited by Aleph; Dec 21 2009 at 08:57 PM..
Aleph is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Squirrel Emperor
Want some nuts?

 Squirrel Emperor's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Big sister, little sister relationship... That is all.

I do have to wonder though if Square was actually thinking of a relationship when Fang started out as a male though. Did some digging on mythology characters and I'm thinking that they're based on Lif and Lifthrasir. It's quite interesting.
__________________

Squirrel Emperor is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:26 PM   #11
Kaesebrezen
Moogle

 Kaesebrezen's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Emperor View Post
Big sister, little sister relationship... That is all.

I do have to wonder though if Square was actually thinking of a relationship when Fang started out as a male though. Did some digging on mythology characters and I'm thinking that they're based on Lif and Lifthrasir. It's quite interesting.
How does your "Big sister, little sister relationship" work together with lif and lifthrasir?

Lif and Lifthrasir are the only survivors of Ragnarok. And their purpose is to repopulate the Planet. And for that you need more than a Big Sister (or formerly Brother since Fang was supposed to be male), little sister relationship.

So count 1+1 together. Repopulation, male Fang and female Vanille and Ragnarok. (And one of the points under "Plain" if you search Vanilla on Wikipedia)
Yuri fits the whole theme better with two shotacon pairings Laito/Hope and Snow/sera already in game
Kaesebrezen is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Aleph
Moogle

 Aleph's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

It's a close relationship that, depending on the point of view, may be considered either just a very deep and caring friendship or something with actual romantic feelings underneath.

I expect people to discuss about this for a long, long time. After the game is translated into English, FF.net will explode with fanfiction, that's for sure.
Aleph is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:43 PM   #13
Squirrel Emperor
Want some nuts?

 Squirrel Emperor's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
How does your "Big sister, little sister relationship" work together with lif and lifthrasir?

Lif and Lifthrasir are the only survivors of Ragnarok. And their purpose is to repopulate the Planet. And for that you need more than a Big Sister (or formerly Brother since Fang was supposed to be male), little sister relationship.

So count 1+1 together. Repopulation, male Fang and female Vanille and Ragnarok. (And one of the points under "Plain" if you search Vanilla on Wikipedia)
Yuri fits the whole theme better with two shotacon pairings Laito/Hope and Snow/sera already in game
It doesn't.

You need a male and a female to create a kid. Two females doesn't cut it last I checked.

The idea behind Lif and Lifthrasir is quite similar to Fang and Vanille though.

They are the only two survivors on Pulse while Ragnarok wiped all of Pulse clean. (Lets assume that's true cause I don't know if Ragnarok did or didn't, but it makes perfect sense while the world of Pulse is nothing but wilderness and ruins.)

Now by surviving, they were turned into crystals.

Square isn't going to copy the entire story of Ragnarok, Lif and Lifthrasir down. They're borrowing some ideas. That's what they always do.

But the fact that they said that Fang was once a male character has me wondering if they were thinking about the idea of a male and female relationship between the two.
__________________

Squirrel Emperor is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:47 PM   #14
Rhythm
Moogle

 Rhythm's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

The tags are hilarious.
Tags: fang,lesbians,spoilers,vanille
Rhythm is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:49 PM   #15
FFXII_Fanboy
Banned

 FFXII_Fanboy's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

I'm really turned on by the lesbian possibilities of these two.

- Do they ever kiss each other on the lips?
- Hug so their tits are squashed up against each others?
- Intimate touching?
- Sleep in the same bed at an inn?

I wanted Lightning x Hope but this love affair is far more appealing.
__________________
FFXII_Fanboy is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:53 PM   #16
Kenosis
Cactuar

 Kenosis's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Emperor View Post
It doesn't.

You need a male and a female to create a kid. Two females doesn't cut it last I checked.

The idea behind Lif and Lifthrasir is quite similar to Fang and Vanille though.

They are the only two survivors on Pulse while Ragnarok wiped all of Pulse clean. (Lets assume that's true cause I don't know if Ragnarok did or didn't, but it makes perfect sense while the world of Pulse is nothing but wilderness and ruins.)

Now by surviving, they were turned into crystals.

Square isn't going to copy the entire story of Ragnarok, Lif and Lifthrasir down. They're borrowing some ideas. That's what they always do.

But the fact that they said that Fang was once a male character has me wondering if they were thinking about the idea of a male and female relationship between the two.
Actually its possible that you do not need a male and female to create a kid,

"In April 2004, Japanese scientists announced they created the first mammal by combining the nucleus of one female’s egg with that of another. The female offspring survived to adulthood and now has babies of her own. They call her Kaguya, after a Japanese fairy tale."

Source: http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/fami...enogenesis.htm
Kenosis is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 09:56 PM   #17
Meowster
Back to Black

 Meowster's Avatar

Gil: 310 [Donate]
Default

I don't know. I think they could be, and it would make the ending that much more thoughtful, what with 'My Hands' playing in the background. Unless the English localization clears things up, I guess it is more of a 'think of it how you want to be'. If they are lovers, it at least makes the ending more hopeful, knowing they have each other.
__________________


(x)
Meowster is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 10:16 PM   #18
Squirrel Emperor
Want some nuts?

 Squirrel Emperor's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenosis
Actually its possible that you do not need a male and female to create a kid,

"In April 2004, Japanese scientists announced they created the first mammal by combining the nucleus of one female’s egg with that of another. The female offspring survived to adulthood and now has babies of her own. They call her Kaguya, after a Japanese fairy tale."

Source: http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/fami...enogenesis.htm
Guess I should have expected something like this to pop up...

Don't think Square would do that though in a FF game.
__________________

Squirrel Emperor is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 10:25 PM   #19
Infinite Fantasy
Kupo nut

 Infinite Fantasy's Avatar

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenosis View Post
Actually its possible that you do not need a male and female to create a kid,

"In April 2004, Japanese scientists announced they created the first mammal by combining the nucleus of one female’s egg with that of another. The female offspring survived to adulthood and now has babies of her own. They call her Kaguya, after a Japanese fairy tale."

Source: http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/fami...enogenesis.htm
I was hoping for a picture but all that I found was this.

Can someone identify what this is?

Anyways this thread is close to pointless since it has no actual facts. But Fang was written in the story as a man. I don't know why they changed it into a woman (A lack of female characters perhaps?) but they did.
__________________
Because everyone knows tofu comes from Unicorns...
Infinite Fantasy is offline  
Old Dec 21 2009, 10:46 PM   #20
Joseph Handibode
Buster Sword

 Joseph Handibode's Avatar

Gil: 300 [Donate]
Default Play game first

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXII_Fanboy View Post
Fang used to be a man and when I see them together these two shots they look like lovers:







Also, the part in the final trailer where Fang goes solo to give Vanille time to escape was romantic.

Lesbians in FF FTW!
Everybody has to have a interpretation they want to be true and so state as possible in posts. You want it to happen, so you post it. There is nothing going from those pictures. If there was a lesbo relationship, you know if you played game.
Joseph Handibode is offline   Send a message via AIM to Joseph Handibode
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
ambiguously, couples, discussions, fang, fang or vanille, fungu, gay, les, lesbians, read, spoilers, squeeze squeeze, vanille, vanira, yay


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
FinalFantasy-XIII.net © - All content is property of its respective owners

eXTReMe Tracker
FinalFantasy-XIII.net - Archive