Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the quality?
Excellent 26 78.79%
Good 5 15.15%
Average 2 6.06%
Poor 0 0%
Abysmal 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 27 2012, 04:53 AM   #1
baigalihaji
Moogle

Gil: 125 [Donate]
Default FFXIII CGI Cutscenes 1080p/720p Blu-ray [Xbox/PS3/Sony Vegas Compatible] [MF]

Welcome to the *NEW* Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 CGI cutscene thread. This thread will contain all of the high quality CGI cutscenes from Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2, in ENGLISH. In-game cutscenes will be added if enough requests are made.

Please note that only one CGI cutscene (FFXIII- Chapter 1 A) is 1080p native (1920x1080). Every other cutscene is 720p.

Media Information:

Code:
Source: Playstation 3 Blu-ray FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Game Disc (Direct Blu-ray Rip)
Code:
Video: AVC/H.264 @29.970 fps
1280x720  L3.1 @crf 17
1920x1080 L4.0 @crf 16

Audio: AAC @ 192 Kbps
2 channels: L, R
English

Container: MP4
Code:
All CGI Cutscenes Are Xbox 360/Playstation 3/Sony Vegas Compatible
Download (Via MediaFire) [MF]:

Screenshot Sample

Final Fantasy XIII CGI Cutscenes

Use HJSPLIT to join any parts.

Main Screen: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 1 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download + 1080p Download
Chapter 1 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 2 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 2 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 3 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 3 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 3 Cutscene C: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 4 Cutscene: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 5 Cutscene: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 7 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 7 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 8 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 8 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 9 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 9 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 9 Cutscene C: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 9 Cutscene D: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 10 Cutscene: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 11 Cutscene A: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 11 Cutscene B: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 12 Cutscene: Preview + 720p Download
Chapter 13 Cutscene: Preview + 720p Download

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CGI Cutscenes

Use HJSPLIT to join any parts.

FFXIII-2 Cutscene 1: Preview + 720p Download
FFXIII-2 Cutscene 2: Preview + 720p Download
FFXIII-2 Cutscene 3: Preview + 720p Download
FFXIII-2 Cutscene 4: Preview + 720p Download
FFXIII-2 Cutscene 5: Preview + 720p Download

Final Fantasy XIII In-Game Cutscenes -- Work In Progress

Code:
Video: AVC/H.264 @29.970 fps
1280x720  L4.0 @crf 19

Audio: AAC @ 192 Kbps
2 channels: L, R
English

Container: MP4

Note: I only have access to the cutscenes that are stored on the PS3 Blu-ray game disc, which amount to about ~50% of the total in-game FFXIII cutscenes. Square Enix (dully) decided to render out the rest in real time while playing the game.

And no subtitles

Download Here & Here

(Previews might be added later)

Last edited by baigalihaji; May 29 2012 at 09:14 PM..
baigalihaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2012, 06:12 PM   #2
QueenhunteR
Moogle

Gil: 10 [Donate]

Thank you for uploading. i'll wait for you to uploaded the in-game cutscenes as well.(Could you Included The Subtitle please ?)thx again
QueenhunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Oh my goodness, thank you so so much! It's actually really hard to find certain cutscenes in really good quality. <3
Old May 27 2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Is there a problem with the existing thread? Did it steal your sandwiches?

If I weren't going to bed, I would give you such a spanking.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

I'm pretty sure all (or most) of the links in the previous thread are down, so...
Old May 27 2012, 10:17 PM   #6
baigalihaji
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
Is there a problem with the existing thread? Did it steal your sandwiches?

If I weren't going to bed, I would give you such a spanking.
XD

Sadly, all of the links in the old thread were Megaupload Links.. which we all know what happened to
Old May 29 2012, 12:50 AM   #7

Gil: 110 [Donate]

Thanks for the uploads! Does anyone know how to use HJSPLIT it's not working for me when I try to combine the files.
demonicwolf3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 01:03 AM   #8
baigalihaji
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicwolf3400 View Post
Thanks for the uploads! Does anyone know how to use HJSPLIT it's not working for me when I try to combine the files.
Here's a YouTube tutorial:

If it still doesn't work, let me know which CGI cutscene it is ^^
Old May 29 2012, 03:47 AM   #9
Sephirothskr
Moogle

Gil: 240 [Donate]

Wonderful. I just started my new music video moments ago and found this post. Thank you 100 times. The XIII-2 cutscenes is also nice! (I figured there would be way more cgi scenes for 13-2.)

May I ask how you obtained said cutscenes????? Can you extract it from the disc or something? xD?

Last edited by Sephirothskr; May 29 2012 at 05:56 PM..
Sephirothskr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 08:06 PM   #10
baigalihaji
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothskr View Post
May I ask how you obtained said cutscenes????? Can you extract it from the disc or something? xD?
Yes, I've extracted the cutscenes from the PS3 Blu-ray FFXIII disc. To do so you'll need:

1) FFXIII game disc (PS3)
2) A jail-broken PS3 running Custom Firmware (CFW) 3.41 to run the decryption tool
3) The decryption tool here to decrypt the encrypted audio stream (you'll get no audio if you play the cutscenes on the disc otherwise).

The decryption tool won't run on a non-jail-broken PS3, or any other CFW except 3.41 (unless if you're willing to de-compile the code and re-compile it again for another CFW, assuming that you know how to do so).

Finally, you'll have to remux both the video and the decrypted audio streams into one file.
Old May 30 2012, 04:03 AM   #11
Sephirothskr
Moogle

Gil: 240 [Donate]

You lost me at yes. XD I have an xbox 360 not a ps3 anyways.

Btw check out the video I mentioned I'm posting it somewhere on the forums. it'll be called "simple and clean FF13" not my greatest video.. but it's decent.
Sephirothskr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 01 2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Fl☆sH
Moogle

Gil: 130 [Donate]

Hi baigalihaji, first of all thanks very much for this awesome cutscenes
It would be great if you can upload the Final Fantasy 13/13-2 Ingame Cutscnes with english audio and no subtitles, for people like me who create Videos.
And thanks for this thread - you are the best
Fl☆sH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02 2012, 10:43 PM   #13

Gil: 30 [Donate]

For some reason when I download the videos, my computer is unable to play them. It says it cannot play videos with an extension of .002. What does this mean? Also, in Mediafire, there are around two to three uploads of the cutscene I want when I choose a scene to download. I don't know which I am supposed to download.
Littlegreendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02 2012, 11:44 PM   #14

Nevermind, solved it.

However I am having issues on downloading Chapter 13 for FF13. Even with HJSPLIT, my computer is unable to play it. Any help?
Old Jun 03 2012, 12:22 AM   #15
baigalihaji
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl☆sH View Post
Hi baigalihaji, first of all thanks very much for this awesome cutscenes
It would be great if you can upload the Final Fantasy 13/13-2 Ingame Cutscnes with english audio and no subtitles, for people like me who create Videos.
And thanks for this thread - you are the best
You're welcome

As for the In-game cutscenes, I only have access to those ones on the Blu-ray disc (I don't have a capture card).

FFXIII: about 50%-60% of the In-game cutscenes are on disc, and I've been uploading them here & here (English audio and w/ no subtitles). Refresh the link if you don't see any files. The first link has 42 cutscenes so far for example. Check back for updates.

FFXIII-2: Square Enix decided to generate the In-game cutscenes this time around in real time, so I won't be able to upload them. However, I'm sure someone else must've captured and uploaded them online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegreendog View Post
For some reason when I download the videos, my computer is unable to play them. It says it cannot play videos with an extension of .002. What does this mean? Also, in Mediafire, there are around two to three uploads of the cutscene I want when I choose a scene to download. I don't know which I am supposed to download.
Just to clarify to anyone else: MediaFire has a file limit of 200 MB (to free users), as such, cutscenes larger than 200 MB have been splitted into multiple parts with the extension of (*.001, *.002, *.003, etc). You must download ALL of the parts. Once downloaded, use HJSPLIT to join the parts by selecting the "JOIN" option. If still unsure, watch a YouTube tutorial or something.

Quote:
Nevermind, solved it.

However I am having issues on downloading Chapter 13 for FF13. Even with HJSPLIT, my computer is unable to play it. Any help?
Use VLC media player, if the problem persists, check the size of the file and make sure that it matches the one shown in the preview screen.

Last edited by baigalihaji; Jun 03 2012 at 12:28 AM..
Old Jun 03 2012, 05:18 PM   #16
thunderboba
Moogle

Gil: 315 [Donate]

Do you have the Chapter 6 cutscenes from XIII?
thunderboba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03 2012, 10:58 PM   #17
sorcier777
Moogle

Gil: 160 [Donate]
Wink Hello ! Don't worry, i'm here !

Hello, a few months ago i have downloaded a lot of FFXIII videos. They still are on my HDD. If you're interested, i'm going to upload them. There is also the full previous version uploaded on Megaupload on this forum, and 2 others (with more videos and better quality). I've also demuxed the files which are on the Double Layer Blue-ray Disk. It's a h264 video stream about 30Mb/s in 720p. I've made a video with the intro video stream and an uncompressed stream of the music and muxed it (i think it's that the developers has done XD). It makes a ~700Mo file for the intro only but it's a beautiful loss-less muxed video. baigalihaji, if you've tried this, you can see that it's faster and a little more beautiful than ripping but not easily shareable on the internet due to the very big size.
This summer, if i have enough of time, i'm going to cut the very big video files were several and random CGI are and muxing it with some audios streams of the already ripped videos (AAC and PCM 2.0 (maybe not MP3), 5.1 AC3 (and if i find it : DTS 5.1 or PCM 5.1 or 7.1 ! (ok, i'm dreaming...)), in Japanese and English and with all the subtitles that i can find. I think that the MKV can be the best container (or M2TS). But i will make a XBOX360/PS3 official firmware compatible video with only the video stream and one or two audio streams (i think AAC 2.0 and AC3 5.1).
So, see you this summer

Now, i wish to thanks baigalihaji for this work and all of the persons who have made and shared FFXIII videos.
And in fact, can you upload the ripped audio streams ? Pleeeease...

Last edited by sorcier777; Jun 03 2012 at 11:15 PM..
sorcier777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04 2012, 04:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baigalihaji View Post
You're welcome

As for the In-game cutscenes, I only have access to those ones on the Blu-ray disc (I don't have a capture card).

FFXIII: about 50%-60% of the In-game cutscenes are on disc, and I've been uploading them here & here (English audio and w/ no subtitles). Refresh the link if you don't see any files. The first link has 42 cutscenes so far for example. Check back for updates.

FFXIII-2: Square Enix decided to generate the In-game cutscenes this time around in real time, so I won't be able to upload them. However, I'm sure someone else must've captured and uploaded them online.

Just to clarify to anyone else: MediaFire has a file limit of 200 MB (to free users), as such, cutscenes larger than 200 MB have been splitted into multiple parts with the extension of (*.001, *.002, *.003, etc). You must download ALL of the parts. Once downloaded, use HJSPLIT to join the parts by selecting the "JOIN" option. If still unsure, watch a YouTube tutorial or something.

Use VLC media player, if the problem persists, check the size of the file and make sure that it matches the one shown in the preview screen.
Thank you, I have successfully downloaded them.

Do you tink sometime in the near future you can upload HD videos of non-CGI cutscenes of FF13 and FF13-2? Preferably English with no subs? I would be so greatful and it would help with my videomaking.
Old Jun 04 2012, 06:39 PM   #19
baigalihaji
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcier777 View Post
Hello, a few months ago i have downloaded a lot of FFXIII videos. They still are on my HDD. If you're interested, i'm going to upload them. There is also the full previous version uploaded on Megaupload on this forum, and 2 others (with more videos and better quality). I've also demuxed the files which are on the Double Layer Blue-ray Disk. It's a h264 video stream about 30Mb/s in 720p. I've made a video with the intro video stream and an uncompressed stream of the music and muxed it (i think it's that the developers has done XD). It makes a ~700Mo file for the intro only but it's a beautiful loss-less muxed video. baigalihaji, if you've tried this, you can see that it's faster and a little more beautiful than ripping but not easily shareable on the internet due to the very big size.
This summer, if i have enough of time, i'm going to cut the very big video files were several and random CGI are and muxing it with some audios streams of the already ripped videos (AAC and PCM 2.0 (maybe not MP3), 5.1 AC3 (and if i find it : DTS 5.1 or PCM 5.1 or 7.1 ! (ok, i'm dreaming...)), in Japanese and English and with all the subtitles that i can find. I think that the MKV can be the best container (or M2TS). But i will make a XBOX360/PS3 official firmware compatible video with only the video stream and one or two audio streams (i think AAC 2.0 and AC3 5.1).
So, see you this summer

Now, i wish to thanks baigalihaji for this work and all of the persons who have made and shared FFXIII videos.
And in fact, can you upload the ripped audio streams ? Pleeeease...
Awesome, it will be great if you could get around to uploading the non-CGI cutscenes from the game, as the game disc itself lacks about 40-50% of the videos since they're rendered in real time while playing the game.

As for the CGI cutscenes, I personally couldn't tell a difference between the original Square Enix video files on the BD disc (700-800 MB in size each), and the H.264/SUBQ=10/CRF 17 encodes that I've uploaded here (they're just better compressed: think of it as getting 99% of the quality for only 10-20% of the size) -- which is more than good enough for most viewers/AMV makers.

Finally, keep in mind that uploading/downloading huge files is always cumbersome to most users and all links will sooner or later be deleted (sad, but true), so unless if you're willing on maintaining them, I see no point in uploading bloated and huge files sizes.

Quote:
Thank you, I have successfully downloaded them.

Do you tink sometime in the near future you can upload HD videos of non-CGI cutscenes of FF13 and FF13-2? Preferably English with no subs? I would be so greatful and it would help with my videomaking.
I may upload or post a link to someone else's FFXIII-2 in-game cutscenes, as I won't be able to capture them myself (the cutscenes are not stored on the disc).

As for FFXIII, 50-60% of the In-game cutscenes are on the disc, and I've been uploading them at: Click Here

Best of luck with your videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderboba View Post
Do you have the Chapter 6 cutscenes from XIII?
There are no CGI cutscenes from XIII-chapter 6, IIRC. However, you may find some non-CGI cutscenes from said chapter at this link: Click Here -- files names are numbered randomly.

Last edited by baigalihaji; Jun 04 2012 at 06:45 PM..
Old Jun 04 2012, 09:29 PM   #20
sorcier777
Moogle

Gil: 160 [Donate]
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by baigalihaji View Post
Awesome, it will be great if you could get around to uploading the non-CGI cutscenes from the game, as the game disc itself lacks about 40-50% of the videos since they're rendered in real time while playing the game.

As for the CGI cutscenes, I personally couldn't tell a difference between the original Square Enix video files on the BD disc (700-800 MB in size each), and the H.264/SUBQ=10/CRF 17 encodes that I've uploaded here (they're just better compressed: think of it as getting 99% of the quality for only 10-20% of the size) -- which is more than good enough for most viewers/AMV makers.

Finally, keep in mind that uploading/downloading huge files is always cumbersome to most users and all links will sooner or later be deleted (sad, but true), so unless if you're willing on maintaining them, I see no point in uploading bloated and huge files sizes.
Ok, i will upload the non-CGI cutscenes, but actually I don't know how. :p
You're right, the difference beetween your videos and the original files is very very very low, the only way that I wish to keep the original video stream is because it doesn't need any compression and so it's faster. For someone who have the BD, it's not a problem, but it's not shareable on the internet like i way saying. I think I will upload the separates streams, and everyone will can download and mux only the streams that he want's to have.
And can you inform me about the audio-stream ? What is the original audio stream ? I've only an h264 stream on the BD with a demuxer. Thanks

Last edited by sorcier777; Jun 04 2012 at 09:39 PM..
sorcier777 is offline   Reply With Quote