Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Square-Enix > Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy I-VI
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Kefka, best villain ever?????
of course 22 51.16%
definitely not, Kefka sucked 6 13.95%
his insanity made me wet the bed 5 11.63%
i have a closet shrine dedicated to Kefka 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 02 2006, 05:54 PM   #1
IstvanKovacs
*Hitting Babies*

Gil: 300 [Donate]
Default Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VI, imo is one of the bvest Final Fantasy games ever made. It even comes close to FFVII.

It's got some brilliant characters (Terra and Setzer....as well as everyone else),one of the best storylines I've ever played through and The best Villain of any Final Fantasy game. Kefka. The only villain who actually gets around to destroying everyones life and turning everyone in the world pretty much into his slaves.
IstvanKovacs is offline   Send a message via MSN to IstvanKovacs Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02 2006, 06:28 PM   #2
Enedok
[howaitoenjin]

Gil: 0 [Donate]

Yes I bought it to PSX when it was a demo of FFX with it. (before ffx was out)

I must admit that I got stuck and even a manual could not help me. Some bug. I never finished it.
|_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)
And it f***ing hurts
Enedok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02 2006, 07:56 PM   #3
Desi
Shiva

Kefka is the best villian ever. Because I never hated villians in videogames, except that clown bastard. I hated him so much that I couldn't stand the sound of his name. He is a true villian, unlike Kam'lanaut(FFXI: which I'm a fanboy of) or anyother semi-loser "evil guy". Kefka is by far the worst thing in existance on a videogame.
Desi is offline   Send a message via AIM to Desi Send a message via MSN to Desi Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02 2006, 09:13 PM   #4
IstvanKovacs
*Hitting Babies*

how could you say that about kefka??
hes a true villain and therefore worthy of our praise and worship. Not like that pussy Sephiroth that everyone goes on about.

did HE destroy the world as we know it??
NO kefka did. thats why I him so. and you should too
IstvanKovacs is offline   Send a message via MSN to IstvanKovacs Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03 2006, 02:47 AM   #5
Desi
Shiva

The whole point of a villian is to oppose the main characters and he did that very well. Me hating him for the fact that he is evil is the best praise he could get. Sephiroth is cool, not nowhere near villain status. I mean he's in the same boat as Bowser(can't hate him) so he's not a true villian. You should be happy I praised his wickness instead of came off as wanting to be like him.
Desi is offline   Send a message via AIM to Desi Send a message via MSN to Desi Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15 2007, 07:41 AM   #6
S-r-ex
*chirp*

Gil: 600 [Donate]

well, just to say it, I'm emulating VI advance by now, got to the part where the story splits in three.

I haven't got so far that I can say much about Kefka, but don't forget Sin, he could have made meatloaf out of Kefka and still have time to turn a city or two into rubble! He's cold, doesn't say anything, and most importantly, he's BIG! Sephiroth would have suffered the same destiny as Kefka if he met Sin too...
Old Feb 15 2007, 11:59 PM   #7
Desi
Shiva

Sin is a shitty villian. Kefka is pure 100% evil power, I don't see how you can use that shit called Sin against him. The Emperor from FFII is more of a badass then the lump of slime Sin.
Old Feb 16 2007, 08:48 AM   #8
S-r-ex
*chirp*

WHUUUUTT!?!?!?! SIN IS T3H ULTIMATE!!!! second to Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank 3, he is the best villian in any game! NOONE can beat him!
Old Mar 12 2007, 09:34 PM   #9
Hitoshura
is feeling nerdy...

Kefka is one of the best villians in the series. (Sephirtoh and Kuja are the best). His insanity is just....insane, plus his evilness is wicked.

By the way, nothing can beat his laugh.
Hitoshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18 2007, 04:14 PM   #10

"please you all sound like chapters from a self help booklet!"
" nothing beats the sounds of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!"

need I say more?

and he rocks as an avatar

UltimaMasamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18 2007, 04:36 PM   #11
Desi
Shiva

Like I said before the only villain anywhere as evil as Kefka in a videogame is Luca Blight from Suikoden II. Still not as evil but at least comes close. So evil that I hate them both.

The only evil FF has near Kefka is the Church from Tactics.
Old Jun 23 2007, 01:06 AM   #12
Hitoshura
is feeling nerdy...

Hate.... Hate.... HATE !!!!!

thats just priceless^

Old Jun 26 2007, 12:07 PM   #13
Flint
Highwind

Kefka was a decent villain, although after the cataclysm he doesn't really do anything except wait there in his tower for the party to come and kill him, which was kind of disappointing. I know he'd managed to take over the world and all, but he just didn't seem to be putting the effort into his villainry any more.

Even so, I'd still say he was a better villain than Kuja or Seymour.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26 2007, 04:16 PM   #14
Desi
Shiva

Well he was a God. He didn't need to interfere with the problems of mortals any longer.
Old Jun 26 2007, 04:28 PM   #15
Flint
Highwind

Well, I'd say he should have interfered more, instead of letting Locke and friends join together again and grow strong enough to defeat him.
Old Jun 26 2007, 06:19 PM   #16
Hitoshura
is feeling nerdy...

Really? How would you feel if you were king of the universe? I wouldn't be worried about some mere mortals trying to stop me, ya know.

Old Jun 27 2007, 12:06 PM   #17
Flint
Highwind

And yet wasn't that Kefka's downfall? It was those 'mere mortals' that were able to defeat him, therefore he should have been paying more attention to what was going on instead of just sitting there believing himself to be untouchable. It was his own arrogance that contributed to his defeat, regardless of whether he was 'king of the universe' or not.
Old Jun 27 2007, 04:46 PM   #18
Desi
Shiva

Pretty much. So what is the problem? I mean does anyone follow closely to the people who had their will to live broken? Especially when you have attained god status. Unless a oracle told him he was going to fall from the ones he destroyed I don't think anyone would care.

Sephiroth/Jenova isn't any better if you think about it that way. He did nothing to stop you except throwing several Jenova's at you. Ultimecia didn't even try to wipe you out until it was too late, she was just worried of absorbing magic juice from the sorceress'. At least XDeath tried to kill you several times before you got to him.
Old Jun 27 2007, 05:04 PM   #19
Hitoshura
is feeling nerdy...

Zemus pretty much did the same thing......I think..... :/

Old Jun 27 2007, 05:39 PM   #20
Exodus
Highwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
Pretty much. So what is the problem? I mean does anyone follow closely to the people who had their will to live broken? Especially when you have attained god status. Unless a oracle told him he was going to fall from the ones he destroyed I don't think anyone would care.

Sephiroth/Jenova isn't any better if you think about it that way. He did nothing to stop you except throwing several Jenova's at you. Ultimecia didn't even try to wipe you out until it was too late, she was just worried of absorbing magic juice from the sorceress'. At least XDeath tried to kill you several times before you got to him.
Quite fucking true. Desi's right, almost every FF villain was arrogant, as far as I can remember. And all those arrogant twats never accomplished their goal either, except for Kefka. He became a god and, now I'm not to sure on this, destroyed just about everything.

And he didn't try stopping them because he probably thought he was unstoppable, being a god and all.
Exodus is offline   Send a message via AIM to Exodus Send a message via MSN to Exodus Reply With Quote