Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Dec 01 2009, 05:11 PM   #41
FinalFantasyAddict
Aeris Fangirl

Gil: 0 [Donate]

Fair enough... I guess the way I see it is there isn't really anything we can do about it so why not enjoy it? n.n
I get your point though
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:20 PM   #42
Zeta_Stryker
Chocobo

Well, c'mon. Don't you like a lil change? They do what they do for a reason FYI.

Heck, even the box pic of versus XIII may just be the same as well.
Zeta_Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:28 PM   #43
Rade
Has been moustachioed.

Gil: 300 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta_Stryker View Post
Well, c'mon. Don't you like a lil change? They do what they do for a reason FYI.

Heck, even the box pic of versus XIII may just be the same as well.
Versus may have the FF title but to me it's separate from the main numbered titles. I wouldn't be surprised if Versus has a cover with Nomura art on, like how the Kingdom Hearts games are.
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:34 PM   #44
Final Twilight
Aspirer

Gil: 440 [Donate]

I like the box, simple and clean (not the song)

Final Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:36 PM   #45
inoeex
Claymore

its like WTF ! Lightning has better renders ! why the choose the ugly one ? her 1st render is the best imo ! the one which is downloadable at official site
inoeex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:39 PM   #46
Ariana
FOR XV

Gil: 460 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoeex View Post
its like WTF ! Lightning has better renders ! why the choose the ugly one ? her 1st render is the best imo ! the one which is downloadable at official site
I don't get it. She doesn't look ugly in that one, she just looks relaxed/serene. I doubt they'd choose "fierce" Lightning for the box art, anyways. I hope we get a similar design in North America, I usually don't love the over-the-top box art we get, but who knows.

Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:43 PM   #47
inoeex
Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerisEthereal View Post
I don't get it. She doesn't look ugly in that one, she just looks relaxed/serene. I doubt they'd choose "fierce" Lightning for the box art, anyways. I hope we get a similar design in North America, I usually don't love the over-the-top box art we get, but who knows.

I did not say Light is ugly . I said the render is ugly I mean comparing to other renders this is the worst one in my opinion
inoeex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:53 PM   #48
S-r-ex
*chirp*

As a cover, it is NOT ok. I regard us Europeans as lucky since we didn't have to stand up to those terrible American covers, such as FFXII (Just look for yourselves, UGH!) Until now, we've had nice and clean covers with just the title and the logo, but now we're going to get the generic character renders glared all over them.

Luckily, there is a printing company close to this school, and some of the teachers are nice friends with the workers. I'll just pull someones collar and force them to print me the true cover. Too bad it can't be done with Versus if it suffers the same fate, since I'll probably be six hours by car away from this place when it releases.
Old Dec 01 2009, 05:57 PM   #49
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Gil: 1,195 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-r-ex View Post
Luckily, there is a printing company close to this school, and some of the teachers are nice friends with the workers. I'll just pull someones collar and force them to print me the true cover.
And that doesn't sound just the tiniest bit sad to you?

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 06:07 PM   #50
Infinite Fantasy
Kupo nut

I like it. But I'm American so I expect more on my box but since the Europeans don't they're all "OMG nooo!"
Old Dec 01 2009, 06:11 PM   #51
Tiger Lily
I Don't Care!

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-r-ex View Post
Luckily, there is a printing company close to this school, and some of the teachers are nice friends with the workers. I'll just pull someones collar and force them to print me the true cover. Too bad it can't be done with Versus if it suffers the same fate, since I'll probably be six hours by car away from this place when it releases.
Wow! You'd go thru all that just to stare @ boxart? Well...seeing as how box covers are worth more to you than the game, I'd be more than happy to take that pesky CD off your hands. *save me a good $60 USD*
Old Dec 01 2009, 06:12 PM   #52
Zeta_Stryker
Chocobo

Well, with the American box art you usually get added flair of backgrounds. Like with FFX, that Tidus was standing in front of a beach. And with FFVII, Cloud was standing in front of a Mako reactor.
Old Dec 01 2009, 06:17 PM   #53
Sabotender
Cactuar

Might I remind everyone in here who goes batshit crazy over it that it's JUST A BOXCOVER.

I think it's nice having Lightning on the cover, it'd be too empty just having the logo anyway.

I do have a life, it just happens to revolve around videogames.
Sabotender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 06:24 PM   #54
Ariana
FOR XV

Gil: 460 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotender View Post
Might I remind everyone in here who goes batshit crazy over it that it's JUST A BOXCOVER.

I think it's nice having Lightning on the cover, it'd be too empty just having the logo anyway.
Agreed. I'm all for renders or backgrounds, as long as they're clean. Still, it wouldn't make me BAWWWWW if they made another typical NA cover. After all, I'm buying it for the game, not the art that I'll look at only when I take the game out to play, and put it back in.

Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 07:14 PM   #55
elektr1k
Vivid Transparency

Would you have preferred the trial edition's cover? Personally, none of the covers I've seen for FF13 for any region are all that great. The only decent cover I saw was a fanmade one. Maybe FF13 just won't have a nice cover. Get over it -- it's not that big of a deal in the long run.
Old Dec 01 2009, 07:42 PM   #56
monkeybananayum
...whatever...

Aw, so what if he wants to print his own cover? Leave him alone. No big deal. Some of us have OCD like that and need to have the perfect cover.

If the US got that boring cover, I know I'd wanna make a cover out of that new poster revealed a while back. That poster is the true cover. hehe
Old Dec 01 2009, 08:00 PM   #57
Zeta_Stryker
Chocobo

Frankly, Sabotender is right ^^; (took the words right outta my mouth). I mean, it's indeed just a game box.

First, it's the theme song. Now this. Honestly though, will you guys ever be satisfied with what SQUARE is giving us?
Old Dec 01 2009, 08:22 PM   #58
Rade
Has been moustachioed.

I like the theme song. Is it so wrong to be a little unhappy with something that has been the same for every other FF game? It's just consistency. I like all my books from the same series to have similar covers as well, if they suddenly changed the design I'd be annoyed because they all wouldn't match anymore.
Old Dec 01 2009, 08:22 PM   #59

So since a possible EU boxart has been released, when can we expect to see the NA version? I'm really hoping it's the one Monkey's got in her sig.
liberty_kingdom is offline   Send a message via MSN to liberty_kingdom Send a message via Yahoo to liberty_kingdom Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01 2009, 09:04 PM   #60
Falsate
Ixion

Some people are complaining over how they wanted something more simplistic. You know what? Just don't buy the game. Go buy a BD and just let it sit there.
Falsate is offline   Reply With Quote