Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Walkthrough Project
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Dec 24 2009, 02:02 PM   #41
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Gil: 1,495 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_015 View Post
Just wondering Kitmitsu,

Do I have the go ahead to work on this walk through guide as we discussed earlier?

Thanks!
Sure! Go for it.

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2009, 03:03 PM   #42
Liquid_015
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitmitsu View Post
Sure! Go for it.
Sounds good to me! Ummm, what do you think I should work on first? ANy suggestions? Thanks!
Liquid_015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2009, 07:02 PM   #43
nafeasonto
Moogle

Gil: 300 [Donate]

how the heck do you beat shiva?
nafeasonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2009, 07:56 PM   #44
magitek
バハムート

What I did was I had Snow as Defender and left him like that for the whole battle. The drive gauge should charge and when you see the Drive Mode option press the button.
magitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2009, 12:38 AM   #45
nafeasonto
Moogle

Guys all the B&W items menu i am assuming that is special items to upgrade weapons or is that just sell loot
?
Old Dec 25 2009, 05:06 AM   #46
lem
ライカ

Might be useful to have threads for tricks on gaining CP/gil. There's some of that info floating around but it's scattered in different threads.
lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2009, 07:57 AM   #47
Cagalli
Buster Sword

Gil: 600 [Donate]

I'm almost through my first play through. I figure once I beat it, I'm going to go back through on another playthrough for the FAQ.
Cagalli is offline   Send a message via AIM to Cagalli Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26 2009, 06:12 PM   #48
totalnewbie
Moogle

Jesus christ some of you people are dense.

First shop sells consumables usable in battle.

There's a shop that sells cheap exp items that also increase exp multiplier. Those items have a scrap metal icon.

There's a shop that sells expensive exp items that decrease exp multiplier, they have a screw icon.

There's a shop that sells items for item transformation, they have a diamond-like icon.

The other shops all sell equipment except for the last shop you get access to, which sells smoke.
totalnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26 2009, 07:04 PM   #49
Hajime100
Moogle

hows anyone figured out a good way of making gil yet? other than ch.9 farming?
Hajime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26 2009, 07:07 PM   #50
stjberserker
Moogle

maybe the chapter 7 farming lol xD
stjberserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26 2009, 10:00 PM   #51
nafeasonto
Moogle

Status screen of LIBRA. Can anyone post translations of the status screen of the LIbra screen, when you hit R1 to get stats of the enemy. Like i figured out what BLUE mean,s and RED. Blue next to the symbol means weakness, and RED means immune. But what does GOLD and YELLOW mean???
Old Dec 27 2009, 01:11 AM   #52
magitek
バハムート

Not sure what you're talking about since I never use Libra, but I'm assuming you're talking about Half damage and Resistance?
Old Dec 27 2009, 02:30 AM   #53
nafeasonto
Moogle

When you hit R1 on the PS3 after doing the Spell Libra, which is TP ability you see the information about the enemies you are fighting. On the right side, is the symbols, for spell, attack, fire, water etc. I have figured out through fighting, that BLUE next to the symbol i weakness, and RED is immune. I don't know what the others mean, there is YELLOW, then GOLD.
Old Dec 27 2009, 04:10 AM   #54
magitek
バハムート

The ones next to the circles at the very right? Would those symbols happen to be 耐久/Endurance and 半減/Half? I remember that those 2 were in yellow text, if those are the ones you're talking about.
Old Dec 27 2009, 03:52 PM   #55
zlatko
Vana'diel Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magitek View Post
The ones next to the circles at the very right? Would those symbols happen to be 耐久/Endurance and 半減/Half? I remember that those 2 were in yellow text, if those are the ones you're talking about.
Woah woah you aren't using Libra? You know once you Libra an enemy once it tells you what magic is effective and not...which in turn makes your AI partners cast the right magic. This is crucial since later in the game almost everything has one or two spells that will heal it, and it will take a while without Libra for the AI to start using the right magic, instead of w/e heals it on accident.

Libra is a godsend.
zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28 2009, 09:41 PM   #56
DMJ2009
Moogle

does this game have any of those bogus secrets that prevent you from getting something later in the game if you miss or do something wrong? like the opening the 4 treasure chests won't let you get the zodiac spearin ff12?
DMJ2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29 2009, 12:52 AM   #57
Yuna00
Moomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJ2009 View Post
does this game have any of those bogus secrets that prevent you from getting something later in the game if you miss or do something wrong? like the opening the 4 treasure chests won't let you get the zodiac spearin ff12?
I don't think so, because this one is actually a good game

I have a simple question, does anyone, by any chance, have or know where to find the Script of the game ?

And I don't expect it to be translated, in Japanese is good.
You see, when watching the cutscenes I can understand a good portion of it, but far from everything, as my japanese is far from 完璧(かんぺき), but if I had more time, or had the option to listen to it many times I'd probably be able to understand more.
Old Dec 29 2009, 01:21 AM   #58
deviant22
Moogle

i hope in the future someone can make a translated list of all the items / accessories found in the game.. and what it can do..
deviant22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29 2009, 09:44 PM   #59
magitek
バハムート

Well I made an attempt to translate the weapons pages. My Japanese is not perfect so there might be some mistakes. If you happen to find any then please let me know.

The reason I didn't translate the store names or upgrade items is because I thought maybe it'd be used as a reference, since the names aren't in English in the game.

Lightning
Snow
Fang

Last edited by magitek; Dec 30 2009 at 01:21 AM..
Old Jan 01 2010, 03:15 AM   #60
daijitaru
Moogle

Default Accessory List Translation

Hello, I made a Rough/Literal Translation of all the Accessories and what they do in game using office excel. I would like to share it to people who don't speak Japanese but i don't know where to put it.
daijitaru is offline   Reply With Quote