Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Walkthrough Project
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 01 2010, 03:29 AM   #61
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Gil: 1,495 [Donate]

Please post all Weapon, Accessory and Item translations here please: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/...ad.php?t=10396

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02 2010, 01:31 PM   #62
SilentValkyrie
Forgotten

Gil: 600 [Donate]
Thumbs up Thanks!

I just wanted to post a thank you for all of you who are involved in the walkthrough project. It's been incredibly helpful so far.

I know you are all working hard to keep this area up to date and you are doing a great job. Please keep it up!
SilentValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02 2010, 03:51 PM   #63
Bay78
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Smile Great Job!!!

First of all I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who is working REALLY REALLY hard on this project to allow people like myself enjoy the game before the March English release. Secondly I had a question, I'm in chapter 2 and am loving that I even understand whats going on thanks to the cutscene translations, I still have some menu questions though. I've been having trouble healing myself if I'm not in battle. As in I can't figure out how to heal myself unless I'm in battle. I go to the item screen but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Which leads me to believe that you can't heal yourself outside of battle but I just wanted to confirm this. Is that true?
Bay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02 2010, 04:10 PM   #64
RyougaSaotome
Incredible AND Edible!

You can't heal yourself outside of battle. The game does it for you automatically.

You go to full health after every battle. =)
RyougaSaotome is offline   Send a message via AIM to RyougaSaotome Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02 2010, 04:25 PM   #65
Bay78
Moogle

Thumbs up sweet thanks

OOOOOppps! I guess I didn't notice that. Thank you very much. Are you able to use any items outside of Battle???
Old Jan 02 2010, 04:29 PM   #66
dablemont
アテナの聖闘士

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay78 View Post
OOOOOppps! I guess I didn't notice that. Thank you very much. Are you able to use any items outside of Battle???
Yes, you press L1 outside battles and at the bottom left of your screen a menu should appear. Items you can use are the smokes which give you some buffs before the battle or an item that refills your TP gauge.
Old Jan 02 2010, 05:17 PM   #67
Bay78
Moogle

Thank you very much

Last edited by Bay78; Jan 02 2010 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Trying to get PSN profile pic to show
Old Jan 02 2010, 06:01 PM   #68
nafeasonto
Moogle

Gil: 300 [Donate]

Spoilers: Hey guys thank for all the effort and help. I have a question on Chapter 9 when you fight the POPE after the battle he says something that stuns everyone. Can anyone give me a general consensus. On what he is talking about.
nafeasonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 04:30 PM   #69
Axwind
Moogle

Just wondering what the whole point of this thing is when the game's gonna be out in English in only 3 months. And the fact that's gonna be in English in the first place. I never understood why these translations are done when the game itself is being released in English anyway. Sorry if I'm bugging anyone, it's just something I was wondering about.
Axwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 07:58 PM   #70
des
Chocobo

Omg, Axwind troll is back :O?
des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 08:19 PM   #71
Zeta_Stryker
Chocobo

I totally agree with axwind. Like with the following

Such changes as;
- Crystaruim = Crystallium Board
- Drive Mode = Gestalt Mode
- Optima Change = Paradigm Shift
Zeta_Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 08:49 PM   #72
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Gil: 1,495 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwind View Post
Just wondering what the whole point of this thing is when the game's gonna be out in English in only 3 months. And the fact that's gonna be in English in the first place. I never understood why these translations are done when the game itself is being released in English anyway. Sorry if I'm bugging anyone, it's just something I was wondering about.
Impatience and the challenge.

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 09:52 PM   #73
Axwind
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by des View Post
I wasn't aware merely asking a simple question constituted trolling. I was just curious, but apparently some people don't know how to let the past mistakes of others go.
Axwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 09:57 PM   #74
des
Chocobo

If you dont understand why its done, then you seriously lack any common sense :s (well that was the same case in your previous topics, oh well...).
des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03 2010, 10:07 PM   #75
Falsate
Ixion

Quote:
Originally Posted by des View Post
Interesting, the worm still squirms.
Falsate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05 2010, 02:31 AM   #76
cameronyunfang
Spoony Bard

Smile Random thoughts

MINOR GAMEPLAY SPOILER :

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone else thought that when the crystarium opened up and allowed every role for every character, that the CP cost of some of the abilities was just absolutly ridiculous!?

I would have 30 000 CP yet when i went to the crystarium, i found myself running out about half way through the third ability!!!

ps. I'm on my second playthrough and on the crystarium i could read the characters for "Quake"

- i felt so proud -.-'

Having an abnoxiously large signature just means you're overcompensating...

Last edited by cameronyunfang; Jan 05 2010 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Accident lol :p
cameronyunfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05 2010, 02:48 AM   #77
dablemont
アテナの聖闘士

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronyunfang View Post
MINOR GAMEPLAY SPOILER :

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone else thought that when the crystarium opened up and allowed every role for every character, that the CP cost of some of the abilities was just absolutly ridiculous!?

I would have 30 000 CP yet when i went to the crystarium, i found myself running out about half way through the third ability!!!

ps. I'm on my second playthrough and on the crystarium i could read the characters for "Quake"

- i felt so proud -.-'
Yeah, the CP requirement is indeed ridiculous in comparison for the crappy benefits like ATK +5 - __ -'! That's why I didn't even bother getting those other roles on my main run before beating the final boss. However, if you did Mission 55 and got the grow egg you should be able to earn twice the CP (just remember to equip it on the leader!) and if you farm the ochu in pulse you should be able to get all the nodes in no time!
Old Jan 05 2010, 04:37 AM   #78
wettrix
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablemont View Post
Yeah, the CP requirement is indeed ridiculous in comparison for the crappy benefits like ATK +5 - __ -'! That's why I didn't even bother getting those other roles on my main run before beating the final boss. However, if you did Mission 55 and got the grow egg you should be able to earn twice the CP (just remember to equip it on the leader!) and if you farm the ochu in pulse you should be able to get all the nodes in no time!
BTW if you upgrade it does it give more CP? like CPx3?
wettrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08 2010, 01:15 PM   #79
cynricng
Moogle

I have beat the game, I am only halfway through the first role on level 10 crystalium, currently just finished sidequest 29. I was hoping to be able to fill the 3 main roles of my characters and have a set of accessories and weapons upgraded to max for my characters. However I find it really slow to earn gil and CP. I am currently in Seiren Park farming. Anyone got any tips or hints on where should I farm for money, or any particular methods like i should get whatever item first for better drops?

Thanks
cynricng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13 2010, 02:21 PM   #80
stjberserker
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynricng View Post
I have beat the game, I am only halfway through the first role on level 10 crystalium, currently just finished sidequest 29. I was hoping to be able to fill the 3 main roles of my characters and have a set of accessories and weapons upgraded to max for my characters. However I find it really slow to earn gil and CP. I am currently in Seiren Park farming. Anyone got any tips or hints on where should I farm for money, or any particular methods like i should get whatever item first for better drops?

Thanks

Yh I want to max everything now, since I want to have the platin trophy. Got all missions till mission 62, which I can't beat with my current weapons and accessoires ...

1. What is the best point for gil farming? Currently I'm going to the canyon where like 3-4 kings and baby adamantais are and I beat each of them in under 3 minutes ... but the platinum ingot is not enough only every 2nd fight I maybe get one and I have easy and best choice on me ...

2. Best point for material farming. The thing is mostly all the money wastes away due the material costs to upgrade the accessoires and the weapons. On last tier weapons the ultra conducter only gives 60000 exp which is way too less ... paying like 50.000 gil for one and only getting this much exp is one hell of a waste. So which enemy gives good materials where I can farm them etc.

Thanks a lot
stjberserker is offline   Reply With Quote